Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions

Moorings sailing yacht

The Moorings is here for you.

We are currently experiencing high call volumes, so it might be more difficult to get hold of us than usual.

We are working as quickly as possible to contact everyone affected by the COVID-19 situation, prioritising customers due to travel up to the 17 July, 2020.  We really appreciate your patience.

We understand you may have a lot of questions about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and what we are doing to ensure we can continue to provide exceptional customer service.

Below is a list of answers to some of the more immediate questions you may have. Again, please bear with us and we promise to contact you as soon as we possibly can.

How is The Moorings responding to the Coronavirus?

The Moorings has implemented new cleaning and safety measures across our global destinations to ensure the well-being of our guests and staff. The full list can be viewed on our Safety Measures page.

Are current charters being affected?

We have decided to suspend all charters departing up until 1 October 2020 (unless base reopening dates prior to 1 October) have already been announced). While this has been a difficult decision, we are confident it is the right one as the protection of our team, their families and our customers is our priority.

Customers due to travel before this date will be issued a credit certificate of 100% for charters paid in full. We will do our best to ensure credit certificates will be sent to the email address linked to the booking within the next 10 days.

We are reviewing vacations booked on a weekly basis. If you are due to travel beyond this period, please note that our team is working extremely hard to proactively contact customers and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

Is this policy likely to change in the future?

We are reviewing the situation on a weekly basis to determine if cancellations will be extended.

Will my charter be canceled if I haven’t paid my final balance? 

If your charter has been canceled due to Coronavirus and you have yet to pay your final balance (where such is now due), then you can do so via our safe and secure online payment portal or through one of our Holiday Planners on 1800 553 720.

By not paying your final balance when it falls you are in breach of your terms and conditions, in this circumstance we have the right to cancel your holiday and cancellation charges as per the terms and conditions will apply. Please make this payment as soon as possible.

We are closely monitoring all updates and advice issued by WHO, international government entities and global airlines and will be in contact if your holiday is canceled for due to the Coronavirus. We also offer a new flexible rebooking policy for peace of mind amid these uncertain circumstances.

What if I have a charter scheduled to depart before 1 October 2020?

We are actively contacting all guests with charters scheduled to depart by the 1 October. At this current time, we are experiencing exceptionally high call volumes, we respectfully request that you do not call or message if your booking is departing later than this date. Please rest assured that we will be contacting all of our customers who are due to depart by 1 October and are reevaluating (and potentially extending) this time frame on a weekly basis. 

Can I call you to make changes to my holiday?

For charters departing by the 1 October; yes, however, we are actively contacting customers in order of future departure date so this process is already underway. Please rest assured we will contact you directly in the coming days to discuss the option of moving your holiday dates. If you already have some new travel dates in mind then please feel free to call us at 1800 553 720 to discuss availability.

What if my charter is scheduled to depart after 1 October 2020?

If you have a charter scheduled to depart later than 1 October 2020, our normal Terms and Conditions apply. Should this policy change in the coming days, we will contact you directly.

Can I book a new holiday for a date in the future?

Yes! If you would like to plan your next charter for later in 2020 or 2021, we are happy to help. Book with confidence knowing if the situation changes in the coming weeks, we are here to assist you. You can view our new flexible rebooking terms as well as base reopening dates here.

Book With Confidence


Fully Protected

The Moorings is part of a large group of specialist travel companies and owned by one of the largest private equity companies in the world.

Travel Advice

We’re here to help you navigate the rapidly changing travel landscape by monitoring advice from global and local health authorities and government agencies.

Travel Flexibility

If your upcoming holiday has been affected by the Coronavirus, The Moorings offers the flexibility to postpone your charter to a date in the future.

Our Response

As always, the safety and well-being of our guests and employees remain our utmost priority.